Associate Degree in Visual Effects Program with equipment included
Our Associate of Science Degree in Visual Effects brings together the technical and artistic elements of VFX to develop your skills and abilities. Within our compact 16 month degree, you will gain the skills needed to operate software and produce high quality work. By the end of this course you will create a demo reel that can be used as a self-promotional tool to enter the highly competitive world of VFX.
- Students receive an Associate of Science Degree in Visual Effects.
- Full Time, 1,200 hours
- Prerequisite: Prior experience is not required.
- $10,000 worth of equipment yours to keep. Check out the equipment list here.
- Learn how to produce assets such as live action plates, compositing scripts, models,
character rigs, animations, etc.
- Use your own assets to put together a final demo reel.
- Identify the key concepts related to the VFX production pipeline.
*If you are a current or former DFA student who already took one of our programs, please reach out to our admissions office: firstname.lastname@example.org for details on pathways into the Associate Degree
ASSOCIATE DEGREE IN DIGITAL MEDIA includes*:
- VFX-111 Onset VFX
- VFX-112 Compositing
- VFX-113 3D authoring software
- VFX-121 Modeling/Rigging
- VFX-123 Layout
- VFX-211 Real time Technologies
- VFX-212 Animation
- VFX-213 Lighting
- VFX-221 Effects & Simulations
- VFX-222 Technical Direction
- VFX-223 Self Promotion
- General Biology
- Human Anatomy
- English Comp
- Intermediate Algebra
- Intro to Psychology