Associate Degree in Visual Effects Program with equipment included
Our Associate of Science Degree in Visual Effects brings together the technical and artistic elements of VFX to develop your skills and abilities. Within our compact 16 month degree, you will gain the skills needed to operate software and produce high quality work. By the end of this course you will create a demo reel that can be used as a self-promotional tool to enter the highly competitive world of VFX.
- Students receive an Associate of Science Degree in Visual Effects.
- Full Time, 1,200 hours
- Prerequisite: Prior experience is not required.
- $10,000 worth of equipment yours to keep. Check out the equipment list here.
- Learn how to produce assets such as live action plates, compositing scripts, models,
character rigs, animations, etc.
- Use your own assets to put together a final demo reel.
- Identify the key concepts related to the VFX production pipeline.
*If you are a current or former DFA student who already took one of our programs, please reach out to our admissions office: [email protected] for details on pathways into the Associate Degree
ASSOCIATE DEGREE IN DIGITAL MEDIA includes*:
- VFX 112 Compositing/Post-Production
- VFX 113 3D Authoring Software
- VFX 122 Materials and Surfacing
- VFX 212 Animation
- VFX 121 Modeling and Rigging
- VFX 123 Layout
- VFX-111 Onset VFX
- VFX 211 Realtime Technologies I
- VFX 211 Realtime Technologies II
- VFX 213 Lighting
- VFX 221 Effects and Simulation
- VFX 222 Technical Direction And Self Promotion
- Art Appreciation
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- English Comp
- College Algebra
- Intro to Psychology