466 total views, 1 views today
1. DIGITAL FILM ACADEMY GRADUATE SCREENS HIS FILM AT LINCOLN CENTER !
Back in 2018, the winner of the Orizzonti Prize for Best Film at the world famous Venice Film Festival was none other than Digital Film Academy graduate student Mr. Phuttiphong Aroonpheng.
Fast forward to March 2019 and our former student had the US premiere of his movie screened at the Lincoln Center in New York City.
The event was part of the acclaimed New Directors/New Films festival. Every year for the past 50 years this NYC film festival has introduced audiences to the work of emerging filmmakers from around the world, even acting as a launching pad for previously little-known talents like Spike Lee, Chantal Akerman, Bi Gan, Valerie Massadian, Gabriel Mascaro, RaMell Ross, and Kelly Reichardt.
This year, it was the turn of Digital Film Academy graduate Mr. Phuttiphong Aroonpheng.
His film ‘Manta Ray’ is set in Thailand.
It centers on the friendship between a fisherman and the mute refugee he rescues from a swamp. Its dreamy and sometimes mystical tone makes it a visually immersive experience. A must-see on the big screen!
The festival is presented by the Film Society of Lincoln Center and MoMA (the Museum of Modern Art). Students and staff from our film school in New York were proud to be there on this special occasion for which Phuttiphong himself had flown in from Bangkok to be in attendance.
Check out the video here:
The Q and A session afterwards allowed audience members to pose questions
to the (slightly jetlagged but still smiling!) director on stage. Digital Film Academy School President Patrick DiRenna was also present to meet with his former international student and congratulate him on his career success since Digital Film Academy days.
“Manta Ray” has by now gone on to receive glowing reviews by Variety Magazine, The Hollywood Reporter and Indiewire. (Film Comment voted the movie one of the best undistributed films of 2018)
2. GET THE DIGITAL FILM ACADEMY EXPERIENCE FOR YOURSELF !
We are located in the heart of New York City, only blocks away from Times Square. Attend our Open House presentation Saturday April 20th 2019 at 3:00pm.
Add your name to the guest list below or check for upcoming dates: https://www.digitalfilmacademy.edu/open-house/
Are you already an NYC filmmaker? Come observe a free advanced level film class! Use the following link to choose times that work best for you: https://www.digitalfilmacademy.edu/observe-free-classes/
Director of AdmissionsDigital Film Academy
630 Ninth Ave (Suite 901)
New York, NY 10036
Follow us: @digitalfilmacademy
Follow us: @DFANYC
Financial Aid, school code: 042062
– Digital Film Academy is located close to Times Square in Manhattan.
– we offer One or Two Year Programs in Digital Filmmaking.
– students learn Directing, Cinematography, Screenwriting, Video Editing, Sound Editing, Sound Design, Producing etc. Elective class options include: Web TV Production, Steadicam, Digital Imaging Technician, Maya 3D animation, After Effects, Documentary Theory and Practice, Color Correction etc.
See the detailed curriculum here:
– During your studies, you will have FREE access to the DFA equipment (which you can use on-site or off-site) and facilities! This includes cameras, lights, audio equipment, editing suites, green screen room, multi-purpose audition rooms, soundbooth, so you can produce professional quality work for clients in the New York City and tri-state area. Students in the Advanced program will have access to RED Cinema cameras, which is top of the range!
– each student will write, direct and produce their own thesis film. In the shooting of the film, other students will assist as your personal film crew. In turn, when they are directing their own media projects and short films, you will then be part of their film crew too. This provides a fantastic opportunity to rotate through the various roles on a film set, learning by doing.
– after your studies, students who successfully graduate with good grades (minimum 3.0 GPA and 85% attendance) will qualify for our ‘Forever Toolkit’ program. This enables you to CONTINUE to have LIFETIME FREE access to DFA equipment and facilities! As a New York-based film school, this free and open access to equipment really differentiates us from all other film programs.
– exclusive access to the DFA Jobs’ Board: Monetize your new digital media skills with outside clients and organizations looking to hire film students and graduates for paid projects, independent work and jobs (part-time and full-time)
– excellent value for money. Our One Year Program costs $17,995 and our One Year Advanced Program $17,560. Compare our prices with other film school fees here: http://www.digitalfilmacademy.edu/about-dfa/why-dfa/
– next program start dates: May 10th 2019 or September 4th 2019 (Late starters permitted up to 2 weeks late!). Classes run according to daytime schedule: Tuesdays to Fridays, 10.30am to 5pm. Conditional Acceptance Letters are available for High School Seniors. Apply early to avoid disappointment!
– Financial Aid is available for U.S. citizens or permanent residents (Green Card holders): Pell Grants and Federal Loans. Sign up on the Financial Aid website https://fafsa.ed.gov/ and use the Digital Film Academy school code 042062 or contact us to set up a financial aid appointment.
– our next Open House events will take place right here at our Manhattan film school on Saturday April 20th 2019 (3 PM – 5 PM) and after that Saturday May 4th 2019 (3pm to 5pm). Attendance is 100% free, of course! If you’d like to attend, click here to reserve a seat or to check future upcoming dates: http://www.digitalfilmacademy.edu/open-house/
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission and any attached / accompanying documents contain confidential information which is legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the recipient named above. If you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or email. Further, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, duplication, distribution or taking of any action that relies on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Any information given in this email is not intended as legal advice. Always consult an attorney on legal matters.
VISIT US AT OUR OPEN HOUSE EVENT :
I’M READY ! I WANT TO APPLY NOW :