Hello friends, followers and fans of Digital Film Academy NYC,
In this post, we feature more news from the best film school in the USA: Digital Film Academy in New York !
1. Sundance Film Festival – Digital Film Academy graduate:Carol Mazzoni
We are very proud to see one of our Digital Film Academy alumni Carol Mazzoni from Brazil perform her Assistant Director duties on the feature film ‘Abe’.
This lighthearted drama features the young star Noah Schnapp who you might recognize as one of the main child actors of Netflix’s sci-fi horror TV series ‘Stranger Things’.
In ‘Abe’ the movie, our young hero is obsessed with cooking, baking and reconciling his divided family. Abe is a New York teenager from a mixed Palestinian-Israeli family. His grandparents can barely hold a conversation without heated arguments breaking out. Abe tries to find a way to use his cooking skills to bring everyone together.
Check the trailer here:
The movie was directed by Fernando Grostein Andrade and also stars Brazilian musician and actor Seu Jorge as Abe’s foodie mentor.
‘Abe’ headlined at the 2019 Sundance film Festival where it won audiences over with its charming story.
The Hollywood Reporter did a very positive review of ‘Abe’, describing it as “an appetizing fusion of diverse influences.”
High praise indeed !
We congratulate Carol on her fantastic work.
ABOUT THE SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL:
Sundance Film Festival takes place annually in Park City, Utah, the biggest independent film festival in the USA. The very first incarnation of the film festival began in 1978 under the oversight of chairman Robert Redford. It featured films such as Deliverance, A Streetcar Named Desire, Midnight Cowboy and Mean Streets.
2. Review of Digital Film Academy: the student experience
Did you ever wonder: what is it like to go to film school?
Well, wonder no more.
This interview with NYC film student Wyatt Miller is an example of some of the great work that DFA Advanced students are able to create! This Digital Film Academy review was filmed in Cinematography class.
- Director of Photography Sebastian Campana
- Video Editor Theresa Ramos
3. YOU’RE NEXT ! READY TO START YOUR CAREER IN MEDIA ?
Contact us and find out how to apply to our film school.
Want to visit our film school in New York City first?
If you’re close enough to the New York area, come check us out! Our next Open House is 2 days from now, Saturday March 16th 2019 at 3pm.
Click to add your name to the guest list here or to check future upcoming dates:
If you’ve already attended an Open House and are still undecided, why not come back to do a trial run film class?! Click here to choose days and times that work for you. Best of all? It’s FREE:
It’s time to make your move. Carpe Diem!
And remember: it all starts at Digital Film Academy…
Director of Admissions
- Digital Film Academy is located close to Times Square in Manhattan.
- we offer One or Two Year Programs in Digital Filmmaking.
- students learn Directing, Cinematography, Screenwriting, Video Editing, Sound Editing, Sound Design, Producing etc. Elective class options include: Web TV Production, Steadicam, Digital Imaging Technician, Maya 3D animation, After Effects, Documentary Theory and Practice, Color Correction etc.
See the detailed curriculum here:
- During your studies, you will have FREE access to the DFA equipment (which you can use on-site or off-site) and facilities! This includes cameras, lights, audio equipment, editing suites, green screen room, multi-purpose audition rooms, soundbooth, so you can produce professional quality work for clients in the New York City and tri-state area. Students in the Advanced program will have access to RED Cinema cameras, which is top of the range!
- each student will write, direct and produce their own thesis film. In the shooting of the film, other students will assist as your personal film crew. In turn, when they are directing their own media projects and short films, you will then be part of their film crew too. This provides a fantastic opportunity to rotate through the various roles on a film set, learning by doing.
- after your studies, students who successfully graduate with good grades (minimum 3.0 GPA and 85% attendance) will qualify for our ‘Forever Toolkit’ program. This enables you to CONTINUE to have LIFETIME FREE access to DFA equipment and facilities! As a New York-based film school, this free and open access to equipment really differentiates us from all other film programs.
- exclusive access to the DFA Jobs’ Board: Monetize your new digital media skills with outside clients and organizations looking to hire film students and graduates for paid projects, independent work and jobs (part-time and full-time)
- excellent value for money. Our One Year Program costs $17,995 and our One Year Advanced Program $17,560. Compare our prices with other film school fees here:
- next program start dates: May 10th 2019 and Sept. 4th 2019 (Late starters permitted up to 2 weeks late!). Classes run according to daytime schedule: Tuesdays to Fridays, 10.30am to 5pm. Conditional Acceptance Letters are available for High School Seniors. Apply early to avoid disappointment!
- Financial Aid is available for U.S. citizens or permanent residents (Green Card holders): Pell Grants and Federal Loans. Sign up on the Financial Aid website https://fafsa.ed.gov/ and use the Digital Film Academy school code 042062 or contact us to set up a financial aid appointment.
- our next Open House events will take place right here at our Manhattan film school on Saturday March 16th 2019 (3 PM – 5 PM) and after that Saturday March 30th (3 PM – 5 PM).
- Attendance is 100% free, of course! If you’d like to attend, click here to reserve a seat or to check future upcoming dates: http://www.digitalfilmacademy.edu/open-house/
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission and any attached / accompanying documents contain confidential information which is legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the recipient named above. If you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or email. Further, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, duplication, distribution or taking of any action that relies on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Any information given in this email is not intended as legal advice. Always consult an attorney on legal matters.
V I S I T U S A T O U R O P E N H O U S E E V E N T :
I ’ M R E A D Y ! I W A N T T O A P P L Y N O W :