Vimeo offices New York and Digital Film Academy: Open House, Sat. June 23rd 2018 3pm
Hello friends of Digital Film Academy in New York !
Here is a round-up of news in and around our Times Square film school:
“5 YEARS OF FILMMAKING SKILLS IN ONE YEAR”
Our international student Vishvak hails from the city of Chennai in India. He came to the USA one year ago on the F-1 international student visa to study filmmaking. Vishvak just completed 12 months of study and training in our Advanced Year in Digital Filmmaking Program.
In this video, he showcases some of his cinematography skills which he developed forwhile taking our cinematography classes in NYC: he speaks about the unique DFA experience and how his level of professional knowledge and confidence has ROCKETED upwards since joining DFA.
Where else can you get the equivalent of 5 years’ worth of media-making skills compressed into 12 months?
Only at DFA!
VIMEO and proud of our graduate: Shaun Dawson
Where do Digital Film Academy graduates find work?
Sometimes just around the corner! Congratulations to Digital Film Academy graduate Shaun Dawson, who is now working at the local New York office of Vimeo.
For those who don’t know: Vimeo is a video-sharing website in which users can upload, share and view high definition video, very similar to YouTube.
Shaun is a veteran: she served in the U.S. military, within the air force and the navy, for a total of 8 years before attending our film school where veterans are welcome. After graduating from the Digital Film Academy Advanced Year Program in 2014, she worked for a while at Disney ABC Television Group. Since then, she has gone from Digital Film Academy to a new position at Vimeo, working as their News Operations Manager for the past year.
Listen to her feedback in one of our older videos right here:
Now it’s your turn: jump start your career in media!
It’s time you started building your own media career. Our next year long programs in Digital Filmmaking start September 4th 2018. If you’re a U.S. citizen or green card holder (permanent resident) you can apply for financial aid to pay for your studies.
Are you ready to jump in and begin learning industry-level skills at a professional level? Then go here to start printing out the application forms: www.digitalfilmacademy.edu/forms
Want to visit our school first?
If you’re close enough to the New York area, sign up for one of our Open House events. Come find out if DFA is the right school for you! Our next Open House event is on Saturday June 23rd at 3pm. Click to add your name to the guest list here or to check future upcoming dates: https://www.digitalfilmacademy.edu/open-house/
If you’ve already attended an Open House and are still undecided, why not come back to observe a real class?! Click here to choose days and times that work for you. Best of all? It’s FREE: https://www.digitalfilmacademy.edu/observe-free-classes
Digital Film Academy is located close to Times Square in Manhattan.
- we offer One or Two Year Programs in Digital Filmmaking. Students receive a one year certificate in filmmaking.
- students learn Directing, Cinematography, Screenwriting, Video Editing, Sound Editing, Sound Design, Producing etc. Elective class options include: Web TV Production, Steadicam, Digital Imaging Technician, Maya 3D animation, After Effects, Documentary Theory and Practice, Color Correction etc.
See the detailed curriculum here:
Advanced Year Program: https://www.digitalfilmacademy.edu/advanced-digital-filmmaking-conservatory/
- During your studies, you will have FREE access to the DFA equipment for film students (which you can use on-site or off-site) and facilities! This includes cameras, lights, audio equipment, editing suites, green screen room, multi-purpose audition rooms and soundbooth, so you can produce professional quality work for clients in the New York City and tri-state area. Students in the Advanced program will have access to RED Cinema cameras, which is top of the range!
- each student will learn how to produce a short film (write, direct and produce it, all the way to postproduction). In the shooting of the film, other students will assist as your personal film crew. In turn, when they are directing their own media projects and short films, you will then be part of their film crew too. This provides a fantastic opportunity to rotate through the various roles on a film set, learning by doing.
- after your studies, students who successfully graduate with good grades (minimum 3.0 GPA and 85% attendance) will qualify for our ‘Forever Toolkit’ program. This enables you to CONTINUE to have LIFETIME FREE access to DFA equipment and facilities! As a New York film school, this free and open access to equipment really differentiates us from all other film programs and film schools in the USA.
- exclusive access to the DFA Jobs’ Board. Find jobs for film students! Monetize your new digital media skills with outside clients and organizations looking to hire film students and graduates for paid projects, independent work and jobs (part-time and full-time)
- excellent value for money. Our One Year Program costs $17,995 and our One Year Advanced Program $17,560. Compare our prices with other film school fees here: http://www.digitalfilmacademy.edu/about-dfa/why-dfa/
- next program start dates: September 4th 2018 and January 15th 2019 (Last minute application to film school is permitted up to 2 weeks late!). Classes run according to daytime schedule: Tuesdays to Fridays, 10.30am to 5pm. Conditional Acceptance Letters for High School Seniors are available. Apply early to avoid disappointment!
- Financial Aid is available for U.S. citizens or permanent residents (Green Card holders): Pell Grants and Federal Loans. To get financial aid for film school, sign up on the Financial Aid website https://fafsa.ed.gov/ and use the Digital Film Academy New York school code 042062. You can also contact us if you want to set up an appointment to ask about financial aid for film students.
- our next Open House events will take place right here at our Manhattan film school on Saturday June 23rd (3 PM – 5 PM) and after that Saturday July 21st (3 PM – 5 PM). Attendance is 100% free, of course! If you’d like to attend, click here to reserve a seat or to check future upcoming dates: http://www.digitalfilmacademy.edu/open-house/
Visit us at our Open House Event
I’m ready! I want to apply now