Now that you have mastered the foundation technical and artistic elements of digital film making, it is time to take your skills and vision to the next level— a professional production and artistic level. Students learn the latest advanced techniques and industry software. Students will also be taught never shown before methods on how to engage the audience and making sure that they are not passive observers. This is a vital artistic technique developed exclusively by DFA’s Director to help you transform the viewer from just ‘the audience’ to ‘your audience’.
Also In this program, students will learn cinematography using RED Cinema cameras. Students will also further their directing skills by learning advanced techniques aimed at effectively manipulating the audience. Filmmakers complete their own film projects from conception to screening.
- Students receive a Professional Certificate in Advanced Digital Filmmaking.
- 20 hours per week (instruction + labs).
- Full Time, 900 hours
- Prerequisite: Completion of One Year Program or equivalent experience. In order to demonstrate your current experience level, contact our Admissions Department to request a portfolio form which you can complete and return to us for review.
Advanced Digital Filmmaking Conservatory includes*:
- DF-200 Project Proposal
- DF-202 Screenwriting II
- DF-203 Directing II
- DF-204 DV Cinematography II
- DF-205 Sound Recording II
- DF-207 Production Management
- DF-209 Applied Pre-production II
- DF-250 Career & Portfolio Development
- DF-210 Applied Production II
- Elective I
- Elective II
- DF-212 Video Editing II
- DF-213 Sound Editing & Design I or II
- DF-214 Applied Post Production II
- Elective III