Now that you have mastered the foundation technical and artistic elements of digital film making, it is time to take your skills and vision to the next level— a professional production and artistic level. Students learn the latest advanced techniques and industry software. Students will also be taught never shown before methods on how to engage the audience and making sure that they are not passive observers. This is a vital artistic technique developed exclusively by DFA’s Director to help you transform the viewer from just ‘the audience’ to ‘your audience’.
Also In this program, students will learn cinematography using RED Cinema cameras. Students will also further their directing skills by learning advanced techniques aimed at effectively manipulating the audience. Filmmakers complete their own film projects from conception to screening.
- Students receive a Professional Certificate in Advanced Digital Filmmaking.
- 20 hours per week (instruction + labs).
- Full Time, 900 hours
- Prerequisite: None. The program is designed for students with or without prior filmmaking experience, elevating all students to an advanced skill level in filmmaking and media production.
Advanced Digital Filmmaking Conservatory includes*:
- FLM-101 Film History
- FLM-102 Screenwriting
- FLM-103 Film Workshop I
- FLM-104 Cinematography
- FLM-105 Sound Recording
- FLM-106 Edit Theory
- FLM-107 Production Management Skills
- FLM-201 Film Workshop II
- FLM-202 Video Editing
- FLM-203 Film Workshop III
- FLM-204 Sound Editing & Design
- FLM-205 Career Prep
- Elective I
- Elective II