GOOD NEWS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
On Tuesday July 14th, federal immigration authorities agreed to change the rule on foreign students in the USA. This now means that international students on F-1 visas can continue to take online classes for the Fall 2020 semester.
Hello International Students,
Some of you may be aware of the announcement today issued by SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program ) regarding classes in Fall 2020:
Here at Digital Film Academy, we are aware of this and are currently determining our compliant school policy going forward. We anticipate that this SEVP announcement will most likely be followed by further updates and clarifications, which we will share with you on this page https://www.digitalfilmacademy
School administration is now working to make the necessary adjustments to comply with this latest announcement and our intention is to minimize any impact on your studies and your stay in the USA.
If you are already in the USA studying in a DFA program or if you plan on beginning at DFA as a new student this fall, please check (same link) for updates regarding the hybrid delivery method which enables continuation of your studies for the upcoming term (September 8th 2020 to December 21 2020).
If you are currently in your final term which ends in August and plan on either returning to your home country or applying for OPT, then this latest announcement should not affect you.
Once again, updates will be provided at this page:
….so please check this link weekly.
Digital Film Academy
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.
Please take notice – visas take time to process. We strongly suggest that you contact Admissions at email@example.com after you apply to the school to start the process.
To obtain an I-20
First apply to the Digital Film Academy (either online or by mailing or faxing an application). International Students are required to pay $500 tuition deposit in order to receive the I-20 document. Once registered, we will process the I-20 application and send to you to take to the US Embassy or Consulate.
You will need to provide evidence that you or your family have a minimum of US$32,000 in funds available to pay for the entire cost of your tuition and living expenses. An interview at a US Embassy or Consulate is required to apply for a visa. It can take from a few days to a few months to get an interview, please contact the US Embassy in your country to determine how long it takes to get an interview and be granted a visa. If you’d like to check the expected processing time for an F-1 student visa in your country, click here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html/ and enter the name of your nearest city.
If you are currently in the US as a student on an M-1 or F-1 visa you can transfer your I-20 to Digital Film Academy’s film school. Also if you are currently in the US on a tourist or other visa, Digital Film Academy can assist you in submitting a change of status to F-1 for you to study at DFA. Please contact the International Office of Admissions for more information.
- Enrollment Application
- Tuition Deposit ($500) by wire transfer, credit card authorization or a bank/cashier check through mail.
- Proof of School Diploma OR College Transcript (translated and notarized). If the document you submit is from a school or college outside the USA, we will also need to have a credential evaluation check done on your qualification to ensure it is at least the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma. Below is a list of organizations who do credential evaluations which Digital Film Academy can accept:
– IES www.iesedu.org
– Academic Evaluation Services, Inc. http://aes-edu.org/website/home/index.cfm
– A2Z Evaluations, LLC http://www.a2zeval.com/
– Center for Applied Research http://www.cfar.com/
– Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. https://www.ece.org/ECE
– Educational Records Evaluation Service, Inc. http://www.eres.com/
– e-ValReports http://www.e-valreports.com/
– Evaluation Service, Inc. http://www.evaluationservice.net/
– Foundation For International Service, Inc. https://www.fis-web.com/
– Global Services Associates, Inc. http://www.globaleval.org/
– International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. http://www.icdeval.com/
– International Ed. Research Foundation, Inc. https://www.ierf.org/
– Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. http://www.jsilny.org/
– Span Tran Educational Services, Inc. https://www.spantran.com/
After your Studies
After you have studied for one year at Digital Film Academy, you can apply for CPT (Curricular Practical Training) or apply for OPT (Optional Practical Training). When you apply for OPT, once you receive permission it means you can stay on one more year in the USA without paying for any further tuition. You are free to work in the digital media industry and legally earn money in the USA as an international student. Since you will have free access to Digital Film Academy’s equipment, you can get the necessary work experience and build your professional portfolio. To find out how to apply for CPT or how to apply for OPT, contact Digital Film Academy’s Admissions Department.
International Office of Admissions