In the highly competitive world of Digital Filmmaking and Visual Effects (VFX) an individual artist must gain the skills needed to operate software and produce high quality work. The purpose of this program is to create a demo reel as a self-promotional tool to gain access and navigate the fast-paced world of VFX using software and tools such as Nuke Autodesk, Maya SideFX, 3D Maya, and Fusion to name a few. Students learn the technical and artistic elements of ﬁlm and media production, as well as visual effects. VFX skills give the artist opportunities to enter the feature film, stereoscopic, television, streaming, mobile content, gaming, and immersive industries.
- Utilize industry current software used in digital filmmaking and VFX
- Produce assets including live action plates, compositing scripts, models, character rigs, and animations
- Demonstrate competency with VFX production techniques
- Create a demo reel
- Develop a resume that includes the skills gained in the program
By the end of the program, students should be able to:
- Students receive a Professional Certificate in Digital Filmmaking.
- 20 hours per week (instruction + labs).
- Full Time, 925 hours
- Prerequisite: No filmmaking experience required!
- Instructional Method: Hybrid and Online
In this program:
One Year Digital FilmMaking Program includes*:
- DF-100 Project Proposal
- DF-101 Film History
- DF-102 Screenwriting I
- DF-103 Directing I
- DF-104 DV Cinematography I
- DF-105 Sound Recording I
- DF-107 Producing I
- DF-109 Applied Pre-production I
- DF-110 Applied Production I
- DF-111 Edit Theory (Art of Editing)
- DF-112 Video Editing I
- DF-115 New Media Technologies
- DF-150 Career and Portfolio Development
- Elective I
- DF-113 Sound Editing & Design I
- DF-114 Applied Post Production I
- DF-212 Video Editing II
- Elective II
*order may vary